Red Velvet Cupcakes Easy Recipe
For the batter:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 200 gm of condensed milk
- 1 tbsp coco powder
- 2 tbsp red food coloring
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tbsp milk powder
- 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 2 tbsp butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter (softened at room temperature)
- 200 gm cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup icing sugar
To make the batter:
- – Take a bowl and place a sieve over it in.
- – Add the all purpose flour, milk powder, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and put them through the sieve.
- – Take another bowl, add the condensed milk, soft butter, vanilla extract and red food coloring in it and whisk them well.
- – While whisking the above mixture, start adding the flour mixture and the buttermilk to it simultaneously.
- – After the whisking process, add the baking powder and soda bicarbonate to the mixture.
- – Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and whisk the mixture again.
To make the cupcakes:
- – Use an ice-cream scoop to fill the paper cups with the batter.
- – Once the batter is filled into the paper cups, immediately put them into the oven and bring down the temperature to 180 degrees.
- – Make sure the oven
- – After around 15-20 minutes, get the cupcakes out of the oven and poke in a skewer in one of the cupcakes. If the skewer comes out clean, your cupcakes are ready.
- – Place the cupcakes on a cooling rack and allow them to cool down completely.
To make the frosting:
– Take a bowl and add some unsalted butter (room temperature) and whisk it for about 30-40 seconds.
– Add a packet of cream cheese and cut in into small pieces in order to whisk them them.
– Whisk the butter and cream cheese and simultaneously start adding the icing sugar to it.
– After whisking, add the vanilla extract, clean the sides of the bowl with the spatula and whisk all the ingredients again.
– The cream cheese frosting is ready.
– Take a piping bag, put a nozzle in it and fill it with the cream cheese frosting.
– After filling the piping bag with the cheese frosting, keep it in the refrigerator until the cupcakes completely cool down.
For icing the cupcakes:
– Take an apple corer and make a hole in the centre of the cupcakes.
– Snip the tip of the piping bag and fill the centre of the cupcake with the cream cheese frosting and also swirl around some of the frosting.
– Sprinkle some colored sprinkles over the cupcakes.
Recipe : Rajshri Food