3 layer colorful Barfi:
Recipe: Nadia Natasha
Time: 1.30 Minutes
This 3 layer barfi is a combination of coconut, carrot and beet root.
Ingredients for Beet Root Barfi
- Beetroot- 1 cup grated
- Coconut – 1 cup grated
- Sugar – 1.5 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Cashews – 2 tblspn
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Ingredients for Coconut Barfi
- 3 cups fresh shredded coconut (or unsweetened flaked coconut)
- 21 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 1/2 cans)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 4 tablespoons butter
Ingredients for Carrot Barfi
- 2 cups carrots, grated,milk powder 1/2 cup
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups ghee ..cardamon powder 1/4 tsp
- Use finely grated beetroots and coconut..If your coconut is not finely grated, run it in a blender once till it is
- Heat ghee in a pan, add in nuts and fry till golden.
- Add in beetroot and coconut and mix well. Stir fry this for 5 minutes till raw smell leaves from the beets.
- Now add in sugar and keep mixing, the sugar will melt and the mix will get thick. Keep mixing.
- Once the mix starts to leave the sides, add in cardamom powder and mix well.
- Spoon this in a greased tray and spread properly and let them cool down.
- Heat a pan add butter, then add also coconut barfi ingredient, stir it.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, then off the stove, pour spreading on the beetroot layer. Take a side for cool down.
- In a pan add grated carrot and milk. Add sugar stir it.
- In the mean time add ghee little by little.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, then take off stove and pour spreading on the coconut layer. Cool down at least 45 minutes Cut into pieces and garnishing with nut.