Easy Swiss Meringue Buttercream Recipe:
Recipe & Image: Dee Na
Time: 20 Minutes
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 400 gm butter- room temperature
- 2 tsp of vanilla
– Combine egg whites, sugar in the heatproof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly by hand until mixture is warm to the touch and sugar has dissolved.
– Now, take the bowl off from that simmering pan, and beat the egg whites on high speed. until it forms stiff peak. it will take around 5 to 7 minutes to get that stiff peak.
– With mixer on medium-low speed, add the butter a few tablespoons at a time, mixing well after each addition.
– Once all butter has been added, whisk in vanilla.
– Scrape down sides of bowl with a flexible spatula, and continue beating until the frosting is completely smooth. SMBC is ready to use..